45 Questions for Lolita
1. Please tell us your Hand Name (name that’s used ONLY in internet.)
2. About how long is your history as a Lolita?
I've been wearing lolita since July 2020.
3. What first motivated you to do Lolita fashion?
It's so beautiful! I loved fun girly stuff and lolita is as girly as it gets. I watched a lot of old YouTube lolita vlogs like from Princess Peachie and Tcake and those pushed me to try it out a lot.
4. After knowing Lolita fashion, have you had any time-gap or resistance till you actually started to be Lolita?
Yes! I became interested in lolita around my last year of highschool (2017) but I held off trying it to ensure I wasn't just going through a phase (I wasn't)
5. Please define your Lolita style as much as possible. (eg. gothic Lolita, sweet Lolita, white Lolita…. Etc).
I'd say casual sweet lolita. I love super sugary sweet lolita, but I don't wear wigs and I usually wear sneakers.
6. About how many Lolita friends do you have?
Hmm well I have a lot of friends online in my country's lolita Discord, but I haven't been able to properly meet up with them all yet! I have been to some lolita meets, but I've only properly befriended one of the lolitas I've met irl.
7. What is the best thing about doing Lolita?
I love looking super pretty and girly. It makes me so happy like I can't stop smiling!
8. Conversely, what's the worst thing?
The shoes. I have big feet and they are sensitive >:(
9. Which Lolita Brands do you like?
I'm a generic sweet so I like Angelic Pretty and BTSSB. I also like a lot of Taobao stuff.
10. What was the first Lolita item that you’ve owned?
An Alice Girl JSK, I think it's Called cream Strawberry?
11. What is the “must have!” Lolita item?
My dream dress is Cotton Candy Shop by AP. I want it so bad!!!!
12. Do you wear drawers?
Yes! I love wearing bloomers, they're very comfortable.
13. Do you have any favourite Japanese music?
I like a lot of Japanese music! I think Daoko would be my favourite Japanese artist.
14. Where do you particularly visit as Lolita?
I like to go to cafes most of all. Getting cute sweets while dressed as one just feels natural. I also like to go to fairs, markets and carnivals.
15. About how many times per week do you dress as Lolita?
At least once! Which is about as often as I leave the house lololol
16. Please tell us about one embarrassing episode from the time when you were just beginning Lolita.
Before I had a good petticoat I had one that was wayyy too long, so I would roll it up and stuff the bulk into my bra Q v Q
17. What's hairstyle and color that you think Lolita would suite the most?
Honestly? I think brown, blonde and black look best in lolita as they give good contrast to the dress. The pretty pastel wigs are fun but they can blend too much into the coord. Still I'd like to try wearing pastel wigs.
18. Have you ever thought of stopping Lolita? The reason?
19. Please tell us your heart's bible as a Lolita. (anything like a book, magazine, CD, idol...)
Like what thing inspires your lolita? Probably the toy figures Ursa Major and Rory from Moon Dreamers. I had Ursa since I was a kid and just recently got Rory. They're so incredibly dreamy. I want to look like them.
20. Do you own a doll? Tell us your feelings about her intensely!
I have a few dolls, but my favourite is my 90s Birthday Barbie! She's so pretty. I want to model my wedding dress on hers.
21. What kind of make-up do you wear when you wear Lolita clothes?
Very light, just a little bit of eyeshadow, mascara and lipgloss. Sometimes I brush glitter on my cheeks
22. Have you ever secretly changed clothes in a train station bathroom on Lolita day-out?
I certainly have lolol
23. Are you composed when doing Lolita all by yourself?
I'm fine! I kind of like walking in lolita by myself, I like how out of place I must look. Like a piece of a fantasy come to life. Did you really see that girl walk by? Was she real? I think I'm quite confident.
24. How much do you spend in your Lolita clothes & accessary monthly?
I don't spend monthly!!! I save and kind of just spend whenever I find something I really like for a good price, which isn't often! I'm very picky
25. What is the most expensive Lolita thing you've bought so far? How much was it?
Wonder Toy by Angelic Pretty, it was like $280 incl shipping.
26. So far about how much has the expense been for Lolita goods?
Not bad! I like bargan hunting.
27. Lolita outfit really costs money. How do you raise money to cover the cost of Lolita?
28. Have you ever bought from an online store? If so, please tell us its good and bad points and some advice for the future. If not, please tell us why not.
I've only bought from online stores. though this quiz (or as i knew them Journal Memes) is very old so I understand why this question is here.
29. Even if you sort of want to keep it a secret, please clandestinely tell us about a private manufacturer that is the best.
Um, I don't know sorry!
30. Is there a brand and/or an item that you think, "I could never get it! But I unreasonably want it!"?
Cotton Candy Shop by Angelic Pretty. It's so expensive Q 0 Q
31. What do you think about people who only do Lolita at music-lives or cosplay?
That's fine! Not everyone is confident enough to wear it in regular places, and some people don't have any free time so their only chance is at events like that!
32. From what age to what age is it acceptable to do Lolita? Do you think that there's a state in which someone must graduate from Lolita? (you can answer as ‘never graduate’)
Never graduate! As long as you're having fun!
33. Is there a Lolita fashion or behavior that you think "I don't want Lolitas to do this!" about?
I don't like lolitas being so dramatic. What a bunch of drama queens! How do you have so much free time?
34. Is there something you think "Lolita has to be this way!" about?
No cleavage! No boobage! Put those tatas away! I see on TikTok people saying they're doing lolita but they're doing it too sexy. It's not sexy, it's just cute!
35. While doing Lolita, has something changed from earlier than you did Lolita?
I've gotten a lot better at coording.
36. Do you go to school/work as Lolita?
37. Do you wear Lolita clothes as casual wear?
Yes I do, I sometimes wore lolita blouses to school with trousers. I also like to do casual lolita.
38. Do you have a boyfriend (or husband)? Do you understand each other?
39. What do the people around you think of your doing Lolita? Do they accept it?
They love it! They think it's nice that I'm having fun and doing something so creative.
40. What kind of Lolita is who has impressed you the most up until now?
I'm impressed by large wardrobes, so expensive! Like wow! You also need to have a lot of space to store all those dresses.
41. Have you ever made your own Lolita clothing or/and accessories? If so, what was the best item that you’ve made?
Yes I have! I think the best thing I made was a skirt that I use for casual lolita.
42. If you have an ideal Lolita outfit or coordination, please tell us.
I want to wear Cotton Candy Shop with a pink bunny ear blouse and a My Melody face handbag. And maybe have an usakumya on the side as well.
43. Is there a motif that you think “this is a staple of Lolita”?
Strawberries and cherries are so iconic.
44. Would you want to dress your children as Lolita?
Maybe a little bit hehe. My friend has a baby and I want to make her a little lolita dress
45. What's your image of the ideal Lolita?
I was introduced to lolita via Princess Peachie, so i guess her kinds of vlogs. Girls dressed up cute and having girly fun. Doing things like eating cute sweets and playing with cute toys and visiting gardens and stuff. Just super super cute and sweet lol